- • Designed to build and improve your Functional Threshold Power (FTP)
- • Improve Anaerobic fitness, and operate at high intensity for a longer time. Tolerate and eliminate lactic acid more effectively, achieving higher performance.
- • Choose from Beginner to Advance Level Training Plan
- • Easier weeks included for recovery and adaptation
- • Shorter trainings are mid-week and longer rides at weekends
- • Regular FTP tests to track progress and adjust training zones
- • Choose whether to train with Power or Heart Rate
- • Workouts compatible with Garmin, Zwift, Trainer Road, Wahoo, Cyclops and more
- • Free Email Coach Support included for the first use of a training plan
- • Switch any training plan for free within 7 days of the purchase
- • Re-use the plan anytime
- • Access to an invitation-only online community
Plans built on TrainingPeaks software
We use TrainingPeaks to deliver your plan - the world’s most popular online and mobile coaching platform. TrainingPeaks is free to use, an online calendar that lets you record, track, and analyze your training sessions.
Sample Training Week
Flexible Schedule - Optimal schedule for busy athletes. If you miss the workout, you can easily move it around in your TrainingPeaks calendar. You'll also be able to choose whether to follow the workouts based on power or heart rate.
Workouts- The workouts are based on the latest sports science, tuned by years of experience, and used current World Tour athletes! The plan also includes core training, stretching, yoga, and recovery techniques.
Support - If you need any help, our coach is available to answer any questions via email
View Signature Workouts
Browse 3 sample FTP Booster specific workouts in our training plan
Lactate Tolerance Hills 40/20
Today's training is focused more on intensity, spending time on the Anaerobic Threshold with alternating pace in hills to improve your lactate clearance ability.
• warm up 15 - 30 min at endurance pace
• main workout: 2 x 10 min in the climb at 4-6% gradient, continuously 95% of your max effort, 20s endurance, rest 10-15min between
• rest of the ride your own tempo, ideally between T2 zone and T3 zone
Intensity Climbs 5' Repeats at Threshold
Today's workout is focused on shorter hills at high intensity, spending time at anaerobic zones and above threshold (FTP). This will improve the body ability to cope with anaerobic efforts and ability to repeat the effort multiple times.
• Tempo Warm Up 8 min either climb or flat
• 1 x 10' climb at 98% of threshold power, with every 2min' a short acceleration (=5s out of the saddle)
• 6 x 5' climb above your threshold at 105-110% of your FTP
• rest of the ride your own tempo, last 15 min cooldown easier pace
Aerobic Base Hills with Alternating Pace
Today's workout is focused on longer climbs with alternating pace.
• 2 x 20 min hills at 4-6% with 2 min at a tempo pace (85-90% of FTP) and 15s acceleration (110-120% of FTP).
• 1 x 20 min hill at 4-6% with tempo pace (88-93% of FTP), consistent power and cadence. focus on pedalling - all the way up and down the pedal
• rest of the ride at your own pace, ideally at endurance pace, with recovery/endurance between climbs. Last 10 min easier cooldown
Connect Your Preferred App or Device
You can follow our workouts in real-time on your cyclo-computer or any indoor app. Our training plans are compatible with over 100 fitness apps and devices.
View all compatible devices - here
Built by a leading cycling coach
Jakub Novak is a former professional road cyclist with over 11 years of experience. He climbed the ranks all the way to the World Tour and rode for BMC Racing alongside Tour de France winner Cadel Evans or World Champion Philipe Gilbert.
Former qualifications include Certificate in Sport II. and Certificate in Sports Science from Colorado of Boulder.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is TrainingPeaks?
We use TrainingPeaks to deliver your plan – the world’s most popular online and mobile coaching platform. TrainingPeaks is free to use, an online calendar that lets you record, track, and analyze your training sessions.
TrainingPeaks has features enabling you to get as in-depth as you like, including the ability to export your workouts to your training devices (Garmin, TrainerRoad, Zwift etc.) and follow them in real-time
Why is threshold FTP so important?
Lactate threshold (FTP) or Functional Threshold Power is defined as the intensity of exercise at which lactate begins to accumulate in the blood at a faster rate than it can be removed. This causes the body to generate " muscle energy" inefficiently, and we can only sustain this state for a short amount of time.
The advantage of having a high lactate threshold is that you can operate at a higher intensity for a longer time, and therefore achieve higher performance.
What do i need before i start?
To follow these training plans you need to have a power meter on your bicycle or a heart rate monitor with a cyclo-computer. You can use MTB, Road Bike, or Gravel Bike - or a combination of those. You can choose to upload your workouts into your cyclo-computer or Zwift and follow the workouts in real-time, or you can follow it on your own from your memory.
What is entry fitness level?
It's ideal to start these training plans after a build phase, which means 8 to 12 weeks of training building your aerobic fitness.
What coach support means?
All of our Training Plans include coach support accessible via email or Slack app. We use the Slack application for our online and closed community which you'll be invited to. Our qualified coach is available to answer questions anytime during the first use of your plan.